The Steps You Should Take
You will understand the roofing process better if you take the time to read the following information with recommended steps. We do everything we can to complete your roof to your expectations.
Before The Project
- Attic Valuable: If decking will be replaced, protect items from falling debris by moving or covering.
- Driveway Access: Please keep your driveway clear during the work period. You may want to park vehicles that will be used during work periods on the street.
- Pictures and Shelving: Sometimes items hung on walls or placed on shelves may fall due to the hammering vibration. Please place these vulnerable items in a safe place.
- Exterior Clearance: Move patio/pool furniture, potted plants, gardening equipment, or any other items that may catch debris or restrict mobility of the crew.
- Electrical Power: Check exterior electrical outlets to make sure they are in working order or run an extension cord through a window.
- Attic Wires and Pipes: Please let us know of any wires or pipes that are within two inches of the roof decking that may have been installed since the home was built.
During The Project
- Shingle Delivery: Compare color and type with your contract. Contact us immediately if it is not what you specified.
- Notify Your Mortgage Company: This will expedite the inspection and payment process.
- Noise: You may want to make plans to be away from your home to avoid the constant hammering.
- Children And Pets: The working area outside your home can be dangerous. Please keep the area clear of children and pets during the entire working period.
After the Project
- Ventilation Pipes: After the roofing is completed, we check to ensure the ventilation pipes have not dislodged from their connection in the attic.
The Perfect Roof System
In order to protect your home to the highest level, we exceed manufacturer's requirements with our installation. Our Perfect Roof System makes every area of your roof protected against wind, water and heat. In fact your roof will be installed with a high-wind installation, capable of withstanding the harshest circumstances. Whether you choose 25-year roof or Lifetime shingles, you can be assured that you will have the highest quality roof when you use EE Roofing Inc.
- Most contractors don't inspect the wood decking. We, however, take the extra step to inspect the entire roof decking for overall strength and ability to securely hold the nails and shingles.
- Without proper installation of underlayment your decking will be exposed to moisture that will cause your decking to become soft and appear wavy. This can also cause the shingles to crack and deteriorate more quickly. We use plastic caps or tin caps with staples to install underlayment. Also, if requested, we can use Valley Fast or Ice & Water Shield in the valleys giving protection like no other valley product. Although you don't see this from the street, it is a very important protection.
- We have addressed all areas of shingle installation to help ensure the very longest life of your roof. You can have complete confidence that our certified crews will exceed the manufacturer's guidelines. For instance, if requested, we can nail each shingle with six nails, rather than the industry practice of just four. We also use starter strip rather than the industry practice of just using strip shingles. This ensures your starter seals at both the top and bottom. To protect even further, we add shingle sealant around the eaves for the maximum wind protection possible.
- Flashing is a metal sheet that protects against leaks, however if not done correctly can be the place where most leaks occur. Many contractors give a minimum amount of attention to these areas. We recognize this to be the most important places to prevent water leaks. We apply a superior flashing sealant (NP1, a super-rubber) which is nothing like silicone which cracks and leaks over time. We paint vent pipes, gas vents, exhaust pipes and all other roof accessories to prevent rust and match the color of the roof you choose. We also seal the exposed nails with NP1 and use lead stacks instead of the commonly used rubber. Lead stacks usually last about 95 years longer than rubber. With all these steps, you will have a leak-free and beautiful roof.
- Improper ventilation of your attic will cause high temperatures and will void the manufacturer's warranty. High temperatures may even cause damage to your house structure and exterior paint. They can even cause your roof to loose half its life due to premature shingle damage. It is essential that we do an analysis of current ventilation and give you the specified amount of vents required to maintain your manufacturer's warranty. We use standard low-profile vents or upon request hard plastic ridge vents that resist hail and withstand peeling of paint. We also use dual ball bearing turbines to give long-lasting, quiet movement. These are all the very best products we have found in the market. There are additional products such as power turbines or solar vents that can assist with airflow and cut down on the quantity of products used available by request.
- Your roof receives multiple inspections by the actual owners of the company. During the installation, we make sure all building code inspections occur at proper times. Plus, the Crew Leader continually oversees the installation and completes a checklist. After the installation, we makes sure the Ultimate Roof System was installed to our own high standards. We personally inspect for exposed nails, marked shingles, or granules that have worn from high temperatures. We walk-through and make sure pieces of shingle and trash are all removed from the surrounding area as well as gutters and bushes to leave your home looking better than it did prior to our arrival. We know of no other company that goes to these measures to give you the best roof possible.
- If we cause any damages to the property, rest assured that we will take care of repairs prior to completion.
Contact Us for any additional information